Monday, June 28, 2010

from shelby

WOW! I dont even know where to begin. Thank you Kelli SO much for everything you did for us.

Everyday God used to speak to me like intensely either through a person or a situation. When we got stuck in the ice cream shop a man talked to me and Will and I got SO much out of it. He talked about a tortoise and hare in a race and related it to faith. I realized that our faith isn't just all gonna burst out at once and take off cuz then where would you go when you got to the end but it goes slowly and grows and takes time to get to the end to fulfill God's plan for us.

On the el train God gave me the opportunity to actually talk to some one about their religion which I have always been scared to do but it got intense and it just showed me how we are meant to bring life to others with Christ but it is easy to turn people away when we say we are christians but we don't act like it. And for me I would get really bored with the Bible and stuff and so I asked this lady on the train if she was bored with religion and she said no. She said religion was probably one of the most interesting this there is which hit me and really made me think.

One of the most life changing things was the gospel choir, me and three others listened to them all night one night and at the end we got to go up and pray and sing with them! They had SO MUCH passion it was incredible, I wanted that passion so bad and just thinking like that is natural for them its crazy. I love it! God showed me right then that there is NO WAY this should be boring like its all out fun and we should love it and have that crazy passion.

The people and kids in chicago were another testimony. they were so open, like anyone would just walk up to you on the street and just talk to you and tell you their life story and it felt good to have that bond for even just two minutes and just here from another person God made and relate to them. We really gotta be more open here like just tell people how your doin and just love them. And the kids! wow to see their faces having us there and just having that attention and love was amazing. having to leave them was so hard. One 16 year old boy was going along side the van when we left friday and he told us he loved us and just thinking how we were only with them 3 days and how much we impacted them and what God did. That song "your love never fails" I thought about that and its like our love is gunna go away and leave them but God's love never fails and its always gunna be there for them. Its sweet!

The rap concert was crazy fun just seeing people worship like that was sick and just goin all out! Loved that too! And the talks joel gave were SO intense and so much info it was hard to take it all in but it was SO good because I think we all needed something new and getting all that info makes you think so much and find answers and it was just a huge positive.

God really showed me what I want to do in life and it was the first time I actually felt like legit so close with God and a for sure answer of what I should do. like I can't even explain it.

Before this I always said I wanted God but I don't think I did but now dude its like I really do want him like that passions is sweet just thinkin about it all the time and its obviously not even close to perfect. And i'm scared this feeling is gunna go away but I think thats what makes you strive for it all the more. Like God really did change my life and I hope he did for everyone else. And don't let the things we have cover stuff up talk to friends talk to God, go out and do stuff, reach for it and don't go back! Go forwards! Now since I've gotten back its crazy cause I have wanted to talk to everyone I see and go down and talk to the homeless. I wanna go back to chicago really bad. This trip was legit amazing, sweet, all God!

No comments: