Saturday, June 26, 2010

home and happy but everything looks different.

Welcome home Chicago Team.

What a blessing this last week has been. I was talking with some of you about how we haven't just been on a missions trip but I feel that we have come through something. I have said it many times this week but I am so proud of you all. For the way that you worked, served, reached out to each other and the community. I think even more though, I am so excited about the way you really dove in to the teaching & experiences. You allowed God to break your heart for the things that break his heart but then, in the light of the gospel, you are looking for hope. And - this might sound cheesy but it is absolutely true - you are the hope. Your love for Christ and his people is exactly what he will use to bring hope to our broken world.

Feel free to send me your thoughts and we can keep posting and keep talking. This was not meant to be a week where something happened. This week was a catalyst and we get to go from here.

I love each of you and I know I speak for all the leaders when I say, it has been a sincere pleasure to serve with you!!

Some famous words from our trip:

Heavenly Father - Lord, we need you - in our lives.

Oh yeah!!

Shalom,
Kelli

No comments: