Thursday, June 20, 2013

thursday morning #1

good morning. we have had a busy morning all ready. i want to give you these testimonies and i will send more details about our day a little later.

thanks for praying for service teams, the el experience, and our team night tonight.

What an amazing missions trip we are experiencing all together! God has been so good in providing so many cool, unexpected moments as we have travelled and served together! I am blessed to be with the Sunshine work crew, and we are working hard - bucket after bucket and wheelbarrow after wheelbarrow of dirt and mud from an old basement. The students have such incredible, positive attitudes as we work hard together, and I am so impressed with their strength and ambition, beyond all of our expectations because of God working through us all! As a leader, I have so loved working with these students and watching them push themselves individually and as a group, seeing them serve others and serve the Lord through this experience! God is truly working in the hearts of all of us, and I am beyond blessed to be here with them, seeing them grow in their faith and pushing themselves beyond their expectations…all because of the Lord (and also because of all your prayers - thank you!) Leader Kari H.

The trip has gotten us all thinking. With each day there is an experience that has the power to transform anyone who is openly willing. I see God working in people who i would never have expected it. Our perspective on the world and people is being flipped as we continue to look for Jesus in others. Lauren

This trip has the ability to transform people into completely open=hearted disciple makers of Jesus. Coming into this trip, I never would have expected that I would have either the willingness or openness to branch out and touch people's lives. Not only am I now open and willing, but I also want to live a life like this, being the salt and light in dark places. Michael

When arriving in Chicago we had a different picture in mind. We were picturing tall buildings, much like the inter city of Chicago. We had no idea the people of the south side has so many struggles, much different than our own. When traveling around Chicago it was cool to see the other cultures. Emily and Claire

I painted a stairwell with my team to help a Muslim family move in to a new apartment. It was cool because they decided to go to a church service to see what Christianity was all about. Emily

I went to Wadsworth. Everyday I help out in classrooms leading 3rd graders. It was interesting to see the different culture connections. I love seeing the kids faces everyday as I enter the room. They taught me to be more open and always seek the positive side.

God is working!! More details soon! and pics!

No comments: